HeArtLilian

HeArtLilian
go and be CREATIVE...HeArtLilian

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WOYWW my 5th

Good wednesday all!  I see woywws popping up since early this morning and i am enjoying the look around peoples meesy work spaces  lol if you would like to check them out go to  Julia's stamping ground where all the mess can be seen and shared.
Please click for larger image and do please leave a comment i love hearing from everyone
Let me see what i have here.  

oh this is the smash book i started. can you believe it was an old microwave cook book?
an original page in the book.  i wish i would have taken a pic of the cover..umph

well this is the inside cover and first page.  i was holding onto an old camelot calendar and now i have a place to use those wonderful images

and everyone know that a smash book is where you can keep your precious junk..lol  so here was a cand wrapper that i saved from wheni was 13 years old from my cousin in japan.( thats on the orange and pink page) the opposite page is one from my favorite magazine when i was young ( Wizard, for all those comic book fans)

one page with tickets of my 17 month olds first trip to the aquarium

one of my boys birthday party that we celebrated this summer.  i mean the napkins from the theme was art in itself i had to save one along with pics i printed out to make a custom coloring book as the thank you gift.

just page prep( an old manga book and mag pages)


an envelope with my first WASHI TAPE experiment.  i do say they came out nice

the back cover with my washi tape

front cover

my homemade washi tape


inside cover with my homemade washi tape

man this is a lot of washi tape pics??? hehe

another prep page

and one with baseball tickets.
Well i hope you enjoyed.  if you are wondering about the purple bag in the pictures.  it is actually a bag i put together to keep all my smash journaling things in.. i will do another blog about that soon.  hope you enjoyed the sneek peek. and i confiscated the dinner table again with my mess!  

23 comments:

  1. Love you smash book , you've found some lovely images for it as well , happy crafting jill #52

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun smash book!
    Great use of the old recipe book :)
    Mary Jo #119

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was keeping for a reason. I just didn't know what that w yet. Haha

      Delete
  3. Love that you're making this out of an old cookbook! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really done some great pages with your smash up book! Happy WOYWW #125 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your washi tape! I'm making some myself but I like yours better! :) I also didn't know just exactly what a smash book was but now I do, thanks! Yours is turning out really well and that is just brilliant to re-use and re-cycle an older book, still in good shape but info no longer needed/wanted. Also completely agree about that napkin from your sons b-day party...I mean wow and its just a napkin?!
    Take care dear, you are *all* better this week, right? Hope so! :)
    Deeyll (#138)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup it is a napkin. I just love the smash book idea so i am giving a link to one of the best ladies on you tube who is also a blogger jennibellie
      http://jennibelliestudio.blogspot.com/p/my-videos.html
      you should really check her out she has some awesome things in her video selections. i love watching her and getting inspired

      Delete
  6. Lillian

    Love the smash book it is great how we up cycle things ti give them a new life

    I have already posted off your ATC you should be receiving it any day now. I thought I sent you a reply anf told you it was posted ah maybe I thought I did lol been really busy here sorry my few days off have gone pear shaped anf spent 2 of them at the airport ah the life of the diverse sorry living off my phone with Internet lol will be home late today and get some serious surfing done. Please let me know when the mail arrives as I am sure you will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will let you know as soon as i recieve it. thank you i am excited

      Delete
  7. Me again, I am home and at the main computer and actually able to read the blog properly, I must of been born under a rock because I did not know that was what smash books were for. doh, I thought they were a fancy name of a scrapbooking book. Ok I am the dummy today,well ok this month. LOL I think you like Washi Tape and your home made tape is just devine, love it.

    Now off to see more blogs and catch up

    TTYS Eliza #11 again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's ok eliza i didnt know what a smash book was until i found jennibellie. check her out she is actually awesome and shares all her ideas and tutorials for free. i get really inspired by hershe even talks about what a smash book is! she is really awesome to listen to too. hope you check her out http://jennibelliestudio.blogspot.com/p/my-videos.html

      Delete
  8. That purple bag looks too nice to be keeping scrap stuff in it, lol Must be nice to be able to spread out on the dinning room table! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :) #50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is nice work space but if i dont clear it up before the kids wake up we end up putting our plates on the ground and have a picnic lol which isnt so bad!

      Delete
  9. What a great idea and fab way to recycle. Love the pockets.
    Have a great week.
    Von #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to recycle a book to make a smash book! Looks great! Very creative! Also loved the watermelon in the background...my favorite thing! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the H20melon is our summer staple in this house! lol

      Delete
  11. Your book is amazing... Brilliant using a recycled book, and unique with all your special treasures in it. Lovely!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you used an old recipe book! This is the first time I've seen a Smash book - pretty cool! Thanks for visiting my studio. It's quite late for WOYWW, but at least I'm here!

    Cheers,
    Susan #126

    ReplyDelete